Award-winning creative public relations, digital, influencer communications agency with offices in London, Newcastle, Singapore and Amsterdam.
WX is recruiting.
If you are aged 18-21 and fancy yourself as a savvy and switched on communicator and someone full of ideas then this could be your first step into PR, publicity and communications.
W Communications is a non-traditional PR agency offering full-time, two-month, paid internships for young people to bring their passion for brands, content and culture and turn it into a career.
And don’t worry about a degree because you don’t need one. We realise that a traditional educational route is a barrier to entry for many talented young people, so that’s why we’ve removed that barrier. Instead, you just need to be a great storyteller.
You’ll have a chance to work on some of the nation’s biggest brands, alongside some of the best pros in the business. Even better, if you’ll have a chance to make a major contribution to client work. If you have great ideas, then this is the chance to see them come to life.
Long Term Skills that will be developed:
- Background Knowledge
- Develop an understanding of PR.
- Develop an understanding of what our clients do.
- Cultivate a sound understanding of what the primary PR and social objectives are for clients.
- Understand and use all internal tools / systems / reporting documents relating to each of the accounts you work on.
- Review daily papers and media sites and report back on key news issues of the day.
- Create morning and afternoon daily news and trend updates with relevant stories from across the web to share with the team.
- Be proactive in flagging articles that may be relevant to clients and contribute ideas for media alerts based on these.
- Start to build a network of media journalist contacts as directed by your line manager.
- Start taking an active role in selling in stories as directed by your line manager.
- Develop a good understanding of the daily news agenda.
- Demonstrate excellent written proficiency in the production of simple documents for the team and clients including research documents, news releases, and product backgrounders.
- Ensure all deadlines are met and you are not being chased for work.
- Evaluated by: Delivering documents as requested, ensuring deadlines are not being missed.
- Team Administration
- Play an active role as a member of the team.
- Ensure central team databases are accurately maintained on a timely basis.
- Organise presentation materials and equipment for meetings.
- Manage electronic client folders so that documents are accurately named, filed and easy to find.
- Be proactive in making any suggestions to improve processes / systems.
- Client and Account Management
- Become a trusted member of the WX team and start to build relationships.
- Help prepare for meetings.
- Attend meetings when requested and take detailed notes of key actions to be distributed to relevant team members.
- Play a key role in compiling weekly and monthly updates for each client you work on, producing work with a high standard of accuracy.
- Evaluated by: Client and team head / line manager’s feedback. Delivering documents with high standard of accuracy.
- Go over and above your day job – be proactive, helpful, and positive.
- Provide input and thinking to team, client and company-wide brainstorms and initiatives.
- Support wider company events and activity – be seen as helpful and committed.
- Take advantage of all agency training sessions where appropriate.
- Must have basic qualifications (GCSE’s or equivalent)