Before SWEN, news was a way of understanding the world and current affairs but you had to tune in, staying up to date manually. With no way of fact-checking or interacting with the content, journalists or stories. Our goal is to flip this one way model on it’s head. So instead of having to watch the news. The news will begin looking for you.
SWEN is an artificial intelligence (AI) powered news platform for getting young people more interested in news and helping journalists cover more local news.
The two parts of SWEN will be the consumer facing website, app and the SWEN AI journalism tool.
Our team is creating the science and technology behind SWEN. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow.
Join us today and release yours. As an Apprentice Content Producer you’ll be responsible for developing and creating content for a variety of media including digital, social, broadcast and print.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Apprentice Content Producer to join the SWEN team. As an apprentice at SWEN, you will join a program that aims to provide the skills you need to become a Content Production professional.
Working to create future news experiences for SWEN youth audiences you’ll learn how to research, prepare and develop messaging to maximise audience engagement, capturing the strategy and objectives of the SWEN brand and the needs of the audienceses you’re representing.
- You’ll collaborate with designers and developers using tools to create content for the web which may include video, images, text and web pages and social media content.
- You’ll have an enthusiasm for technology and creating great online experiences is a must.
- You’ll be taught job specific skills such as content planning, development, creation and evaluation and get targeted training & support throughout the course of your apprenticeship
- As an Apprentice Content Producer you can use your skills to help market the SWEN platform and engage our audience.
- You’ll be creating content for social media and email, as well as managing creative campaigns to interact with our users and optimize our website and app for our audiences.
- Five GCSEs at Grades A*-C or 9 – 4 (including English & Maths), Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths, or a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Willingness to navigate ambiguous tasks, find suitable solutions and seek help/advice where appropriate.
- Enthusiasm and passion for new technologies, demonstrated through personal projects and interest in learning new skills.
- Skilled at working with Adobe Creative Suite applications (particularly After Effects and Premiere Pro ; InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Interested in the news, music, entertainment, digital media, social media
- Effective communication and organizational skills, proactive, self-motivated, positive attitude, and excellent customer service capabilities
- Excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Have authorization to work in the United Kingdom.