We showcase the best of British urban music by presenting music videos, mixtape premieres, audios & freestyle shows such as Mad About Bars and Next Up.
Mixtape Madness started as a passion project between a few young friends to help young people on their estate digitally share their music. This blossomed into being labelled by young people as Mixtape Madness. The slang phrase was adopted as the company’s name as many across the land dubbed the platform as home of UK mixtapes.
As an Alternative Content Executive, you are instrumental in the growth of Mixtape Madness (MM) as you are involved in the creation, development, and procurement of content that is different to that which MM is predominantly known for.
Based on the needs of the business, you will be responsible for creating new content as well as reworking existing content to ensure that MM remains diverse in our offering to our customers and stakeholders. This will also enable us to be trendsetters and market leaders in the field of alternative content.
Through your responsibility of managing content on social media and developing unique ideas for web content, you will clearly understand the objectives of MM, and our target audience, and must develop simple, easy-to-understand, user friendly content while employing good search engine optimisation (SEO) techniques.
By using your skills, knowledge and experience, the content should be informative and engaging and should enable the target audience to get their information promptly and efficiently.
Essential Job Functions
- To create web and social media content, based on analytical reports, press releases or survey reports and present them in a lucid, simple, easy to understand way to Senior Management Team
- To manage all aspects implementing content strategy across all relevant MM platforms
- To execute alternative content ideas and assist marketing teams where necessary
- To lead content capture at MM live activations i.e. #MMTalks
- To pitch alternative content ideas to content contributors i.e. artists via their management teams and labels
- To draft budget proposals for all alternative content proposals
- To manage ongoing partnerships with in-house and external content producers and copywriters
- To work with the web development and Social Media teams to produce content in the forms of blogs, articles, videos, imagery and web copy that meets the aims and objectives of MM
- To ensure all content produced matches the tone and style of MM
- To ensure all content produced meets the community guidelines of external platforms i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Google
- To work with external content producers to create engaging and relevant video content for MM and help to promote across social media
- To keep yourself updated with the latest technology and social media trends to ensure on-going success
Level 3 Junior Content Producer (you will also receive in house mentoring).
Things to Consider
Both qualification and employment are inclusive of each other. You will need to demonstrate excellent levels of commitment to both the qualification and job role.
We will review a permanent role upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Five GCSEs at Grades A*-C or 9 – 4 (including English & Maths), Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths, or a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualifications or experience
Skills and Experiences
- A passion for creating and maintaining quality content
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Good listening skills
- Multitasking abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Strong attention to detail
- Fairly good knowledge of Photoshop and the Adobe creative suite
- Organisational Focus – Focussing on the needs of Mixtape Madness Limited
- Responsibility – Owning your part in our success; being proactive in identifying areas for improved performance of the team – Prepared to go the “extra mile”
- Professionalism – Creating an environment to achieve success
- Acumen – Sound decision making; ensuring decisions deliver a positive impact against the business and our objectives.