WE BELIEVE IN EMPOWERING OURSELVES AND EACH OTHER TO THRIVE The Mainyard Studios team wake up every morning to help business owners save money, focus their time, connect daily with other business owners and grow their companies.
We make it our business to deliver the best value coworking spaces, private offices, music studios, podcast studios and maker-spaces by creating environments that support productivity, by striving to offer the most affordable rents compared to other multi-site workspaces providers and by getting to know all of the people in our spaces so that we can connect them with others and resources to help them grow.
In 2012, co-founders Remi & Tori took over a derelict factory near their home in Hackney Wick, East London. They worked 2 jobs and threw parties in the space to raise money. They worked all available hours, day or night doing most of the building work themselves with upcycled and scavenged materials to transform the unloved building into a place where an entrepreneurial community could thrive.
Now in 2020, Mainyard Studios is a growing affordable workspace provider and home to 250+ businesses from multiple industries housed in the various coworking spaces, offices, music studios, and maker spaces in 7 sites spread across 5 London boroughs.
We are fanatical about personal development and believe that it is integral to achieving desired outcomes in life.
- Everybody who joins our team joins our monthly coaching session with a Tony Robbin’s coach that helps us understand ourselves, one another and communicate better. As well as an annual personal development retreat.
- Everybody has a say in how we run and grow the company and the more involved you are, the more your ideas will impact the company’s growth. Once a year everyone is invited to the annual review where we take 2 days for high-level strategic growth plans. We also meet weekly to check on progress.
- You need to show that you are committed to your own personal development through the books you read, the podcasts you listen to and events you attend and what you recommend to others and why. If you are not interested in practising personal growth, please do not apply. You’ll hate us and the company culture!
We are still in a kind of ‘Start-Up’ mode due to the velocity at which we have scaled in the last 5 years and how lean we operate.
Our core values:
- Leadership – Every member of the Mainyard Team must be a Leader in their own right. Take responsibility even when no one is around to see you do it.
- Humour – We take our work seriously however we don’t take ourselves too seriously! Getting offended and taking things too personally is a waste of time and energy. Let’s focus on how to make progress.
- Collaboration over Competition – There are always opportunities to connect with others and grow together. Share what you know. Help others to do the same.
- Progress over perfection – Do your best however don’t be paralyzed by perfection! Stay curious, ask questions and take action! Challenge the status quo to show you are participating in life.
- No drama – Because life is too short not to find peace, joy and to knuckle down and problem solve!
The Position: We’re looking for a Video Content Creator.
- Working with the founders of Mainyard Studios to deliver a creative vision
- Liasing with relevant Mainyard Studios team members and residents to capture content
- Creating engaging and informative video content aimed at creative professionals across YouTube and other platforms.
- Working with the marketing team to promote video content and build an audience on YouTube and other social platforms.
- Operate 3D video equipment and software to virtually map out spaces (we will train on this)
Why Should You Apply?
- If you like to see the impact of your efforts and energy, this is the place for you! On the flip side, your effort and energy directly impact the business so if you do not like to or cannot create and implement things, please do not apply. It will be part of your job to co-create and apply the structure.
- You’ll have a real chance to make a difference in the growth of a brand with your input.
- Mainyard Studios is an excellent vehicle to effect positive change in a wider sense as well as nurturing the growth and development of our communities.
- Opportunity to progress as the company grows. We all wear many hats for now, however, in the near future, we will be able to fill dedicated roles and the people contributing to the business in tangible ways will have the chance to develop roles that suit their own strengths and goals.
Five GCSEs at Grades A\*-C or 9 – 4 (including English & Maths), Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths, or a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship. This is a government requirement.
- Manual dexterity, physical mobility, and some physical strength/stamina
- Bravery to get the camera shot in any situation and encourage the best out of the subjects you film
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Ability to capture snippets of film and be able to edit it into a cohesive story
- Flexibility and good listening skills
- Technical acumen to be able to operate, configure, set up, and fix video, audio, lighting, or other production equipment
- Must know computerised tape editing software and equipment
- Understanding of post-production techniques
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Ability to manage your time efficiently and organise your work – like an *effing* boss!
- Enough patience to get the best out of people you film
- Energy and determination
- Passion— you have to be all about delivering great results that people love to watch
- Grit and Resourcefulness