World class dance music distribution for independent record labels.
This is a 12 month + Apprenticeship with Label Worx, There will also be 20% a month training with BCE in ‘Music Business Mkt and Admin (L3).
Do you love Dance and Electronic Music? Looking to start a career in the music industry, if yes an apprenticeship with Label Worx could be perfect for you.
We are expanding our team and currently looking for hard-working people who have a passionate interest in Dance music and club culture to join our growing team. Internal training is provided where required, and there may be opportunities to progress further within the company upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Since 2007, Hull based Label Worx has specialized in providing leading, cutting edge digital tools and services to independent records labels worldwide. Working with more the 12000 record labels in 144 countries, Label Worx is the biggest Dance distributor on the planet.
The Music Assistant Apprentice will work alongside our Accelerate team who work closely with some of the biggest names in Dance music and are responsible for the development and implementation of the clients’ release strategy. You will gain a solid understanding of DSP processes and best practices which you will use to help strategize, plan and deliver the clients’ release schedule.
Main Duties –
– Supporting labels to ensure their music goes on sale efficiently
– Working with labels to strategize promotional opportunities
– Managing customer service queries via telephone, email and Google Hangouts
– Data entry for Contract, Licensor Details, Metadata, etc
– General office admin
– Assisting on the delivery of labels licensor statements
- 20% a month accredited training with BCE in ‘Music Business Mkt and Admin (L3).
- 20% off the job training provided by BCE
Things to consider
- Five GCSEs at Grades A*-C or 9 – 4 (including English & Maths), Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths, or a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship. This is a government requirement.
- A-levels or equivalent with 2:1 Hons Degree preferred (in addition to GCSE qualifications).
Essential skills to include
- Excellent English communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Keen to learn and able to see jobs through to completion
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong social skills with an ability to build and maintain customer relations.
- Ability to speak additional languages (Spanish, Italian, etc.)
- Experience using project management tools
- Interested in the Dance music industry, digital platforms and new technologies
- Customer-orientated and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast pace environment