A Junior Content Producer apprenticeship with Cult of Social is a great opportunity for the right candidate to learn from a highly experienced digital agency, working closely with the Director to gain insights into managing client campaigns and working towards multiple marketing objectives; ideally becoming part of the company long-term.
Cult of Social is a digital marketing agency specialising in digital advertising and social media management for online programmes and the creative industries. Part left brain, part right. Part science, part art. We take a holistic approach to marketing.
Digital doesn’t stop evolving and neither do we. We are part of an elite group of digital masterminds. We join weekly webinars. We troubleshoot with like-minded marketers around the world. When you join Cult, you aren’t just getting the expertise of our team, you’re getting the wisdom of OUR mentors as well. We value development and learning. This means we stay ahead of the digital curve and deliver the most up-to-date solutions for our clients and team.
We are an eclectic mix of digital marketing experts. Some of us eat tech for breakfast. Some of us are creative legends. Together we smash revenue targets and scale your brands.
We’ve worked with brands and creatives such as Dazed Magazine, Adidas, Brooklyn Flea, and the Toronto Art Festival, Gilles Peterson, Jazz Refreshed, Fatima, Sudan Archives, Jenn Nkir, Tom Dixon, Emanuella Moureaux, Camille Walala, Wayne Hemingway, and more. When applying, please add the word cocoapuffs in your personal statement.
This is a good opportunity for someone who wants a career in marketing, and an apprenticeship that could become a full-time role. Training can be provided in other aspects of digital marketing, such as advertising, client acquisition, etc. The salary ranges from £9,000 – £13,000 depending on experience.
Core tasks include:
- Curate and create weekly content for the agency’s social media channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube.
- Curate and create weekly content for a diverse portfolio of clients on the following channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Instagram Stories, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.
- Create content for the agency’s newsletter, emails and blog.
- Oversee the agency’s CRM (training to be provided).
- Day-to-day management of both the agency’s and their client’s social media channels including daily engagement, with the goal of driving follower growth by approx 20% per quarter.
- Provide monthly reports for both the agency and their clients.
- Be creative in the building and execution of a wide range of paid social and organic social media campaigns.
- Liaise with clients weekly and assist the Account Manager on certain paid and organic social campaigns.
- Proactive in the creation and management of campaigns and hooks.
- Distribute content to support the brand.
- Identify and engage potential influencers and key groups.
- Identify key dates, awareness days, trends and events.
- Use of hashtags, and hashtag analysis to improve reach.
- Update bio, pinned posts and contact info when necessary.
- Engage with and identify with (micro) influencers.
- When necessary engage in Twitter chats.
- Five GCSEs at Grades A*-C or 9 – 4 (including English & Maths), Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths, or a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Proven social media management skills.
- Strong grasp of social media analytics.
- Any of the following skills are advantageous, but not required: Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, ActiveCampaign, Clickfunnels, Pixels, Social media analytics, Google Adwords, SEO, video and sound editing.
- Must have a willingness to learn.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Must be familiar with different social channels and enjoy engaging with other people and brands on those platforms.
- Must be a natural at copywriting and able to write in different tones of voice to meet the needs of the agency’s clients.
- Must have an eye for detail and design (many of our clients are very design forward and you must be able to replicate their brand identity). Must be a self-motivator.
- Must be a self-motivator with a strong work ethic and desire to excel.
- We aim to make this a permanent role upon successful completion of the apprenticeship!