Continental Drifts was formed in 1995 and has become one of the UK’s foremost production and performance agencies. Within Continental Drifts are 3 distinct sectors- Music, performance and event production.
Each year the music agency develops their roster of bands. We have a loyal client base and get many repeat bookings with festivals and events each year.
Bookings vary from a single band or performer to the programming of whole stage or areas.
In addition to festivals we also book bands and performers for corporate parties, weddings and private events.
We run several successful club nights at Hootananny Brixton.
Regular festivals at which we curate stages include: Camp Bestival, Wilderness, All Point East (In The Neighbourhood), Shambala as well as the music within the Shangri-La area of Glastonbury festival and many more
Roles and Responsibilities
General Office administration
· General admin support for office
· Answering the phone and taking / checking messages
· Email management
· Opening & distributing post
· Data inputting
· Assisting with any other office administration as required and any other reasonable responsibilities as directed by company directors and Music & Events Coordinator
Social Media / Website
· Updating all events on Global Local and Continental Drifts Music websites
· Updating all artists on Global Local and Continental Drifts Music websites
· Updating all Facebook pages when necessary
· Regular twitter and blog updates for all music events
· The preparation and distribution of a monthly e-news letter and other occasional mailouts
· Working with the Music Manager in developing promotional tools and presentations
Financial Management and Finance administration
· Raise POs on Sage accounting system
· Keep detailed records of event finances
· Working with the Music & Events Coordinator to draw up budgets
· Ensuring budgets are adhered to.
· Assisting the Music & Events Coordinator with preparation of events
· Artist liaison / event coordination at events where necessary
· Implementation of marketing plan as directed by company managers
· Calling clients when requested
· Assisting with mail shots when required
· Attend weekly company team meetings
· Attend client/ supplier/ performer meetings as requested
Music Agency/ Programming
· Sourcing and booking music artists for other company events
· Sourcing and liaising with performers and bands
· Managing enquiries from clients and liaison/negotiation with performers & musicians
· Any other reasonable responsibilities as directed by company directors
· Negotiating availabilities of artists
· Issuing contracts with clients and artists
· Liaising with performers to obtain new marketing materials
· Ensuring band materials are kept up to date, supplying promo material and biographies to clients as needed and updating tech specs
Skills and Capabilities
A passion for music (E)
Excellent general IT Skills, including Microsoft Office (E)
Proven ability to work as part of a team (E)
Practical approach and ability to troubleshoot and problem solve (E)
Adept at communicating in English, both written and oral. (E)
Creative and flexible (E)