Job Role: Marketing Apprentice
Vacancy type: Full-time
Salary: £7800 p/a
Duration: 15 Months
Start date: ASAP
Apprenticeship course: Digital Marketing
Founded in 2004, Substance is an award-winning digital and social innovations agency, with expertise in the film and entertainment industries. We partner with leading brands and talent alike who seek to challenge the status quo. Together, we are a group of strategists, copywriters, account managers, project managers, publicists, designers, animators and creative technicians.
Headquartered in East London with an office in Los Angeles, our clients include top entertainment brands. For more information, please visit us at www.substanceglobal.com.
Substance are a digitally focused media agency specialising in marketing, publicity, social and all things creative in the film, gaming and entertainment industries.
We are looking for an Apprentice to join us for a 14-month long placement, to learn about our industry and support the UK publicity and social media arms of our business. Working across entertainment clients such as Paramount (recently Transformers and mother!), Twentieth Century Fox (the forthcoming Deadpool 2 and Maze Runner: Death Cure), Lionsgate, eOne, Warner Bros and more, this person will be hungry to learn more about the publicity, social media and marketing tactics we use to excite and engage audiences.
The role will include supporting the teams with tasks such as:
• Coverage sweeps and reporting
• Research tasks
• Feature and copy writing
• Supporting social and publicity teams at events such as premieres and junkets
• Supporting calendar creation of official social media channels
• Social conversation monitoring and reporting
• Scheduling and community management on official social media channels
• 5 A*-C grade GCSEs including English and college / A-Level qualifications
• Excellent writing skills
• Interest in entertainment (film, television and/or gaming)
• Interest and awareness of social media platforms – particularly of entertainment brands and how they use them
• Interest in marketing, publicity and social media – and how this is quickly developing and changing
• Proficient IT skills and a solid understanding of word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint/slides, databases and e-mail systems
• Excellent time management and motivation
• Organised, reliable and good timekeeping
• Thirst for learning across both publicity and social media disciplines
• Proactive nature, using initiative and willingness to support teams when campaigns are at their peak
• Sense of humour
• Previous work experience in a publicity, social, marketing or creative industry is desirable but not essential