Salary: £132.00 per week
Duration: 15 Months
Start date: 01.10.17
Apprenticeship course: Events Assistantr
Continental Drifts is an international events production company and entertainment agency offering a comprehensive range of services to the events industry including corporate clients, festivals, experiential brand events and public sector events organisers.
Continental Drifts was formed in 1995, and has become one of the UK’s foremost production and performance agencies. Within Continental Drifts are 3 distinct sectors- Music, performance and event production.
Continental Drifts is an Arts Council England ‘National Portfolio Organisation’. We have recently been successful in securing a further 3 years of funding, taking us through to 2018.
This role sits primarily within the music department- which incorporates Global Local (Arts Council project), stage programming at UK festivals and agency bookings.
The role incorporates working alongside the music director and the music manager and providing support in the day to day running of the music side of the company as well as general support across the organisation.
Each year the music agency develop a rostra of bands. We have a loyal client base and get many repeat bookings with festivals and events each year.
Bookings vary from a single band or performer to the programming of whole stage or areas.
In addition to festivals, we also book bands and performers for corporate parties, weddings and private events.
We run a number of successful club nights which include Electro Swing and White Mink.
Regular festivals at which we curate stages include: Lovebox, Bestival and Wilderness as well as the music within the Shangri-La area of Glastonbury festival.
General Office administration
• General admin support for office
• Answering the phone and taking/ checking messages
• Email management
• Opening & distributing post
• Data inputting
• Assisting with any other office administration as required and any other reasonable responsibilities as directed by company directors and Senior Music Manager
• Updating all events on Global Local and Continental Drifts Music websites
• Updating all artist on Global Local and Continental Drifts Music websites
• Updating all Facebook pages
• Regular twitter and blog updates for all music events
• The preparation and distribution of a monthly e-news letter
• Promotion of all music events on the Bullseye Hub network and any other relevant promotional press.
• Working with the Music Manager in developing promotional tools and presentations
Financial Management and Finance administration
• Raise POs on Sage accounting system
• Keep detailed records of event finances
• Working with the Senior Music Manager to draw up budgets
• Ensuring budgets are adhered to.
• Assisting the Music Manager with preparation of events
• Artist liaison / event coordination at events where necessary
• Implementation of marketing plan as directed by company managers
Calling clients when requested
• Assisting with mail shots when required
• Attend weekly company team meetings
• Attend weekly feedback meetings with line manager
• Attend client/ supplier/ performer meetings as requested
Music Agency/ Programming
• Sourcing and booking music artists for other company events
• Sourcing and liaising with performers and bands
• Managing enquiries from clients and liaison/negotiation with performers & musicians
• Any other reasonable responsibilities as directed by company directors
• Negotiating availabilities of artists
• Issuing contracts with clients and artists
• Liaising with performers to obtain new marketing materials
• Ensuring band materials are kept up to date, supplying CDs and biographies to clients as needed and updating tech specs
The above is only an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. You will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by your line manager.
The job description may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of Continental Drifts.
It should be noted that some of the work is of a confidential nature, or contains sensitive business information and must not be communicated to other persons except where required for authorised purposes.
Skills and Capabilities Essential
Person Specification – Core requirements for Music Assistant (E = essential D = Desirable)
A level or equivalent qualification (D)
Knowledge and Experience
Experience of programming events with live music. (D)
Stage management and artist advancing (D)
Experience of project administration, including use of standard project management tools (Gantt charts, highlight reports etc). (D)
Experience of working within a production environment (D)
Experience of managing budgets (D)
Skills and Capabilities
Excellent general IT Skills, including Microsoft Office (E)
Proven ability to work as part of a team (E)
Practical approach and ability to troubleshoot and problem solve (E)
Adept at communicating in English, both written and oral. (E)
Creative and flexible (E)
Equality and Diversity
The promotion of equality of opportunity and good working relations (E)
Commitment to promoting cultural diversity (E)
A webform by Podio
CONTINENTAL DRIFTS APPRENTICESHIP
Vacancy type: Full-time | Salary: £132.00 per week| Duration: 15 MonthsOTHER VACANCIES