This course is aimed at young people who are interested in developing a career as a songwriter/performer/recording artist. It will give you the opportunity to develop your writing and performance skills with experienced industry professionals.
You will be building on your own personal and social development, and work towards setting targets and achieving goals. Through the Recording Artist Development and Business course you will be exploring and practicing important skills and techniques.
|What you will learn:
- Create and rehearse a performance of your own material
- Plan and stage events that you will manage as part of a team
- Write and record a collection of songs to an industry standard
- Learn how to earn a wage as an artist/songwriter
- Explore a range of techniques to develop effective song writing styles
- Learn and apply studio recording techniques
- Identify how to improve rehearsal performances
- Prepare and Perform a fifteen-minute set
|Course entry requirements:
Applicants must have 3 GCSEs at grade D or above (including English) or equivalent
Applicants who do not have a D in GCSE English must have Functional Skills English at Level 1.
Course duration and start date:
The course will begin in September 2019 and lasts for one year.
What qualification(s) will I receive?
- Rock School Level 2 Extended Certificate for Music Practitioners
- Rock School Level 2 Award for Music Practitioners
Learners with a grade D in GCSE English and/or Maths will complete a GCSE re-sit alongside their course.
Learners with a grade E or below in English and/or Maths will work towards achieving their Functional Skill qualification alongside their course.
We would actively encourage you to progress onto one of our Level 3 programmes at Big Creative Academy. This will allow you to further develop your creative skills and continue to focus on your English and/or Maths.
Alternatively, if you have five GCSEs at grade C or above (including English and Maths) then you can progress onto one of our BCE Apprenticeship programmes.
You also have the option to progress into employment.