We will be opening our doors to prospective learners and Apprentices this week as enrolment for September courses starts!

Pop into our Training campus between 10:00-16:30 to enrol onto a course with us.

BCE, Uplands House
Uplands Business Park C
Blackhorse Lane
E17 5QJ

What do I need to bring?

Mandatory Documents:

  • Evidence of existing qualifications (GCSE, BTEC, NVQ, Functional Skills, overseas qualifications etc.)
  • Passport and/or Birth Certificate (if you are not a UK/EU/EEA citizen and your settlement is dependant on a family member, you will need to bring their passport too.)

(Please note you will not be able to complete your enrolment without these documents.)

Learner Services and Financial Support
(Please read the below very carefully in order to access any financial support at BCE.)

  • Bank Details (including bank/building society, branch name, sort code and the 8 digit account number.)
  • Financial support is only available to learners who are 16-18 years old from 31st August 2017.
  • Please bring in any of the below evidence you have in order for us to make a full assessment of your entitlement.

Vulnerable Bursary and Free School Meal (evidence in your own name):

  • Evidence of living in care or being a care leaver (a latter from local authority confirming care status)
  • In receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit
  • Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit and Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments

Discretionary Bursary and Free School Meal (evidence in your parent(s) or Carer(s) name):

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-related employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension
  • Child Tax Pension (provided no entitlement to Working Tax Credit) AND evidence of household income £16,190 or less
  • Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks)
  • Evidence of £25,000 or less household income evidenced by P60, HMRC self-assessment, letter from employer.
  • Please note all of the above documents must be dated within 3 months of your course start date.

    Learning Support:
    A valid EHCP (Education and Health Care Plan) and/or any additional documents issued by your Local Authority
    Key contact details for any external agencies you are currently working with who can support with your learning

Comments are closed